Friday, October 8, 2010

Score!!

My mom just called to say that the owner of Frou Frou yarn store offered a donation to the project.  When my mom went in to buy yarn and explained what the yarn was for, the owner said she would gather together some supplies for us for the next time my mom came in.  Isn't that amazing?

FamilyBeachHouseOctober2010-2


For now, I've done one hat.  I used sock yarn on size 8 needles and think I need to step it up a notch.  I think a bulkier wool with maybe size 13 needles would be more in line for bulk production.  I found a good, easy skull cap design at http://hipknitized.blogspot.com/2009/12/mens-sleek-toque.html .  I'm looking forward to linking up with my mom this weekend to get started and check out her stash.  She always buys the softest, most beautiful yarn.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes to us.  Everyone has such a different creative side, it'll be cool to see what gets created.

0 comments:

Post a Comment